Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our Ohio Trip

We're back from Ohio. It was a quick trip, but I saw my Mom, 3 sisters, nieces, nephews, brother-in-law and his wife. We got into Ohio on Thursday, my nephew Baylor's birthday. We went out for Mexican that night. When we were leaving my Mom's house, she said 'Is there any reason I need to take my purse?' Being the good child, I didn't say anything, but though 'NO! Just to pay for your dinner.' Of course, Bob and I paid. She thinks we're loaded. HA! Far from it!!

Friday, I went through one of my Mom's closet. I found 2 pairs of palooza pants from the 70s. My niece, Kelly, LOVED the turquoise, pink and green ones. She usually dresses all in black - goth. She decided to wear these to her graduation party. It was too funny! She looked great! You can tell she was having a good time at her party. Her friends really care about her, too. A lot of them came to the party. They played duck, duck, goose (yes, high school students) and cornhole (midwestern game). Bob and I cooked about 30
pounds of barbeque pork for the party, potato salad, macaroni salad, pasta salad. I hope everyone who came enjoyed it.

Evan helped clean the barn with Baylor and Ethan (my nephews). He also helped bale hay. He found out how hard it was to work on a farm. He smelled so badly the night he came home after cleaning the barn! YUCK! When we went to Richard and Karen's (Bob's brother and sister-in-law), he rode a 4 wheeler. All in all, Evan had a great time!

On the way home Monday, we stopped at the Longaberger factory in Dresden, Ohio. The factory is open and one can watch the baskets being made. The workers work FAST! We found out it's because they get paid by basket, not by the hour. Audrey and Evan each made a basket. Not many 12 and 9 year olds can say they made a Longaberger basket!
As much as we like seeing our family, we're very happy we're back home. I could've used a day off to catch up on my sleep, but went to work today. I'm exhausted!
Hopefully, I will start posting some crafts this week and not just blogging!

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Cute photos of Kelly and her friends. Thanks for doing the cooking. Everyone thought it was great. It's always fun to have the kids here.

I loved it when my friend Linda said 'you must be Pam's sisters, you all sound alike'!

Next year... Ethan's grad party.

Love ya - Pam (the sister)