Search This Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Rag Quilt and National Sewing Circle

I slowly cut out 189 squares for a baby rag quilt. It will be very unusual - and I will post a picture once I'm done. Has anyone ever made a rag quilt? I've made a 'chenille' blanket and it is a lot like that. At least these are 6-in by 6-in squares.

The last time I made something with squares, it was 3-in by 3-in and I cut 299 of them out while on pain meds after my knee replacement. I prayed and held my breath that it would all go together well. And it did. WHEW! The pattern for the cross banner is from www.Anniescatalog.com. It is either no longer available or out of stock.

Below are some the squares I'm currently putting together and a picture of the church banner I made. Ignore the items in the background. We're a big geeky family - there are 5 laptops in the living room. And the big pillow is for one of our dogs. It's awesome fleece that has 'Super dog' and 'pow' on it. It's awesome because I just throw it in the washer and dryer. Comes out looking like I (almost) just made it.





Is anyone a member of the National Sewing Circle? They have many patterns and videos for all level of seamstresses. I'm mentioning this because right now, you can join for a year at 96% off, or $2 for the year! I'm not sure how long this will go on, so sign up now!

I hope to keep posting more often that I have in the past. Please share my blog with your friends. The posts will be about sewing, stamping, scrapbooking, cooking, etc. I will give credit to the websites I found my information on. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments: