Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Christmas Time!

 I love Pinterest all the time. But before a holiday - especially Christmas - it gives me so many ideas! I have over 10,000 pins. Not like I will do all these in my lifetime. I have a private Bridal board in case my daughter, Audrey, ever meets Mr. Right. I have many recipes - which I separate out by Instant Pot, Cookies, Desserts, Meats, Vegetables, etc. Then there are the crafts. Oh so many crafts! Christmas, Easter, wood crafts.....


Wood crafts seems to be a new thing for me and my husband, Bob. He had forgotten how much he loves doing projects until he built a shed in the backyard with his own plans. I've had him make 6 plant holders (one for me and some for my friends).


I saw these wooden 'presents' on Pinterest last week. The link lead me to Etsy where I could buy them - for $57! YIKES! Let me tell you, I am close to retirement and getting cheaper by the day. No way would I spend $57 on these.




I asked Bob if we had any spare wood pieces for him to cut for me. Yes, we did! I gave him the measurements and in about 1/2 hour, the pieces were cut. Being a big crafter, I had the paint, ribbon and bells on hand. I had to go to Hobby Lobby to get 3 greenery picks. They were $1 each. I now have presents (I did mine in red with gold ribbon) for the total cost of $3! They're not perfect, but we love them on the mantel. 



Tis the season to get crafty! Remember, nothing in life if perfect! Be proud of what you make. Now I need to finish making my Christmas cards, make cookies for an exchange at my house Sunday and get ready for the '2nd Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookie Decorating Contest' also at my house on Sunday. 


Until next time, enjoy the holidays. Slow down and enjoy your family. Try to do something for a stranger!





No comments: