Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Busy Week - Working Mom, At Home and At my other Job

Happy Wednesday night! I hope everyone is having a great week!

Tuesday I decided to go to the Social Security Office - - at lunch! WHAT WAS I THINKING? I couldn't find a close parking space. Then when I went through the metal detector, my artificial knee set it off. I had to go to the side and get 'wanded' - my body and my shoes. Get into the office and it was PACKED! I was surprised to get out in an hour. Now I'll get my South Carolina Real ID as soon as my card comes in.

The rest of the story - when i get back to work, my son, Evan, calls me. He wanted to know if I was still downtown. That's a big negative. He said his attorney called and his worker's comp check was ready. (Side note - he was hit by an old man who didn't stop. The old man didn't get a ticket or fined even though he left the scene. Crazy, but true!). So back downtown I go to the attorney's office. I get there and the office is right around the corner from the Social Security Office. Figures, right? And guess what - the check was not ready. But I did get to leave work early. Always a silver lining!

This week I've been quilting and embroidering like crazy! My daughter and her coworker wanted the logo for the company she works for (Northeast Trophy and Engraving) put on a jacket. I did 2 of them. Now the entire office wants a jacket. I'm continuing the work on the rag quilt. This is going so slow! I guess because I have so many other projects, too. And finally, a friend at church wanted me to put monograms on 10 jackets for her daughter's dance group.  Pictures of all are below:





 Hopefully I'll get the quilt done this weekend and can post it.

Have a great rest of your week! Be kind to others!

No comments: